Learn how Cloudflare calculates your invoice and how to set billing usage alerts for add-on services, such as Workers, Rate Limiting, and Argo.
For some Cloudflare subscriptions and services, you will be charged based on how much a feature was used during your previous billing period. This differs from other services, which are a prepaid flat fee for the upcoming month (e.g. plans, page rules, etc.).
For example, if your billing date is March 15 and you enabled Cloudflare Workers in the dashboard on March 1, your March 15 invoice will include the Workers charges from March 1-15. The next invoice on April 15 will include charges for Workers usage between March 16 and April 15.
Please review the product-specific pages for details on pricing and charges:
- Cloudflare Access
- Load Balancing
- Cloudflare Rate Limiting
- Cloudflare Stream
- Cloudflare Workers and Workers KV
Usage-Based billing notifications
To monitor the usage of Cloudflare add-ons, you can enable email notifications. When enabled, you will receive a notification to the billing email address on file when the traffic, queries, requests, or minutes watched exceed your desired threshold.
To configure usage-based billing alerts,
1. Log in to your Cloudflare account.
2. In the Account Home screen, click the Notifications tab.
3. In the Notifications card, click Create.
4. In the Event Type drop-down list, choose Usage-Based Billing, then click Next. You will see a Create Notification form.
5. Choose the product for which you want to create an alert from the Product drop-down menu.
6. Enter a Notification name, Description (optional), and a Notification email to receive alerts.
7. Click Save to complete. Your alert will appear in the Manage Configured Notifications card.
8. You can now toggle the usage-based billing notification on or off. To edit or delete any existing notification, click the Edit or Delete button.