Learn more about how to remove subscriptions such as Argo, Access, Load Balancing, and Stream from your Cloudflare account.
Canceling subscriptions and add-on services from Cloudflare accounts on the Free, Pro, or Business plan is a two-step process described in detail below.
Both steps must be completed to fully cancel the subscriptions or add-on services.
Cancellations are not processed until the end of the billing period, so you are allowed to continue using the add-on or subscription until the new billing period begins. To avoid unwanted charges, be sure to start the cancellation process before the end of your billing period.
Step 1: Disable the Cloudflare subscription
To disable a subscription,
1. Log in to your Cloudflare account.
2. If you have multiple organizations associated to your account, select the appropriate organization to take you to the HOME page. This page will list your associated domains within that organization. Click on the domain in which you plan to cancel subscriptions from.
3. In the Overview app, click on the feature name under Active Subscriptions/Plan Extensions.
4. Follow the instructions within the Cloudflare dashboard to disable the feature. Each feature has a different process which could include toggling a switch, clicking a button, or choosing ‘Disable’ from a drop-down list.
Step 2: Cancel the subscription in your billing profile
1. Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard.
2. Click the appropriate Cloudflare account.
3. In the top-right corner, select Billing from your account profile.
4. In the left-hand sidebar, click Subscriptions.
5. In the Subscriptions table, click Cancel on the subscription requiring removal.
6. You will be asked to share feedback with us. Choose all that apply, then click Confirm to finish.
7. (Optional) To alter your Plan, click Edit and choose a new plan type. If you'd like to cancel your paid plan then choose Free.