Cloudflare offers Two-Factor Authentication, and encourages all users to take advantage of the feature for account security.
Here is how you can setup Two-Factor Authentication:
1. Once you login to the Cloudflare dashboard, click on your username in the top right corner, and select 'My Settings' from the dropdown
2. In 'My Account', scroll down until you see the option for Two-Factor Authentication. Click 'configure'
3. Cloudflare offers three options for enabling two-factor authentication: you can use the Authy two-factor app, the Google Authenticator app, or any Time-based One Time Password (TOTP) service such as 1Password (included in their Pro features) or Duo Mobile. If you are unsure, choose Authy or Google Authenticator. Choose which option you would like to use.
Instructions for Authy:
1. A popup will appear, instructing you to install the Authy app.
2. On your phone, download the Authy app. Once you are done, press the green button that says 'next step' on the popup in the Cloudflare dashboard.
3. In the Cloudflare dashboard, enter your phone number and Cloudflare password and press 'next step'.
4. The Cloudflare dashboard is now asking you to enter in a code generated in the Authy app. This step is to confirm that you have successfully setup Two-Factor Authentication. If you have never set up Authy before, you will need to go through the steps on your phone to set it up
5. Once you have setup Authy, you will see a Cloudflare code generated for you in the app.
6. Enter this code into the Cloudflare dashboard and click 'Enable'
7. You have now setup Two-Factor Authentication for your Cloudflare account! The next time you login to the Cloudflare dashboard, Cloudflare will ask you to enter a Two-Factor code from the Authy app.
Instructions for Google Authenticator:
1. First, install the Google Authenticator app.
2. In the Google Authenticator app, click Begin Setup, then click, Scan Barcode.
3. A camera will open up in the Google Authenticator app. Use it to scan the barcode in the Cloudflare dashboard.
4. Once you scan the barcode, a 6 digit code will appear in the Google Authenticator app. Enter that code into the field in the popup in the Cloudflare dashboard and click the green 'Verify code' button.
5. Done! Now your account is secured with two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator. When you next login, you will be asked to supply a 6 digit code from the Google Authenticator app.