- Log into your Cloudflare account.
- From the dropdown menu on the top left, select the domain.
- Select the DNS icon.
- Select the record type from the record type drop-down on the left-hand side. A subdomain will either be an A or CNAME record type.
- Enter the record name and value.
- Click Add to finish adding the record.
Should I orange-cloud my subdomain?
Only A and CNAME records that handle web traffic (HTTP and HTTPs) can be proxied by Cloudflare. All other entries (mail, ftp, etc.) should be toggled to a grey cloud.
A grey cloud means that traffic is not passing through the Cloudflare network. If you are seeing errors with the new DNS record, it's likely the hosting provider is not allowing a proxy or the virtual host name is not properly setup. You should contact your host provider for technical support.