To avoid getting a site offline error message when updating the admin section of your content management system, we recommend setting a Page Rule to exclude the admin section of your CMS from Cloudflare.
Please do the following on the Page Rule interface (we'll use WordPress admin section as an example):
- Go to the Cloudflare Rules app.
- Input the URL for the admin section, which is in this format: example.com/wp-admin/
- Place a * before and after the URL, so it reads as *example.com/wp-admin/*.
- For "Cache Level", choose "Bypass".
- For Performance, choose "Disable Performance".
- For security, choose "Disable Security".
- Save the rule.
It will take 3 minutes for the rule to take effect.
Note: If you are not using WordPress, substitute the "/wp-admin/*" piece with the appropriate admin and login section for your CMS system.