Table of Contents
- What decides the total amount billed?
- When is my billing date?
- What happens when I upgrade?
- What happens when I downgrade?
- How are prorations calculated?
- What happens if I add a plan in the middle of my subscription period?
- How does billing for Apps work?
What decides the total amount billed?
Our pricing is on a 'per-domain' basis. That means that every domain is charged separately - whereas the number of subdomains does not make a difference. For example, if you upgrade example1.com and example2.com to the Pro plan, they will be charged separately, and you will pay $40/month. You can have as many subdomains like test1.example1.com or test2.example1.com as you want, and this will not incur any extra charges.
When is my billing date?
The date you first select a paid plan will be the recurring billing date. For example: If you sign up for the first time on January 10, all future charges will be billed on the 10th of every month.
- You will be debited the pro-rata cost of the Biz plan until the end of the billing cycle
- You will be credited the pro-rata cost of the Pro plan until the end of the billing cycle
- At the beginning of the next billing cycle, you will be charged for the full cost of the Biz plan
- You will receive an invoice upon successful payment of the upgrade
- Your zone will immediately be downgraded and no longer benefit from the higher-level Cloudflare plan you have pre-paid for
- Your billing will be adjusted at the start of the next billing cycle to reflect the Pro plan's charges
- You will not receive a refund for the funds you have pre-paid for the higher priced plan
- Pro-rata remaining days = # of days remaining in the current billing cycle / # of total days in the billing cycle
- Credit for unused lower priced plan = price of lower plan * pro-rata remaining days
- Debit for remaining higher-priced plan = price of higher plan * pro-rata remaining days
- Amount Due for Zone = Debit for higher-priced plan - Credit of lower-priced plan
- Your first zone is subscribed to a paid plan on the 10th of the month and you add a second zone on the 20th day of a 30 day month
- You will be charged an additional (20/30) * price of the second plan
- On the next billing cycle (10th of the next month) you will be charged the full price for both plans
How does billing for Apps work?
Apps are treated as subscriptions for the selected zone or account, and are charged for upgrades/downgrades/cancellations in the same way (a cancellation follows the same rules as a downgrade).
- You are pro-rata charged for upgrades or adding a new app to an existing subscription.
- Note: You receive no credit when downgrading or cancelling an app; but on the next billing period, you will receive the downgraded price or no charge (in the case of a cancellation).