Cloudflare account sign-up takes less than 5 minutes. Learn to successfully create an account and add your first website. This article formerly appeared under the title Step 2: Create a Cloudflare account and add a website.
To experience the benefits of Cloudflare, first create a Cloudflare account and add a domain to Cloudflare. When you create a new Cloudflare account, adding an initial domain is included in the workflow.
Create a Cloudflare account
- Visit https://dash.cloudflare.com/sign-up.
- Enter your Email address and Password.
- Click Create Account.
4. The Cloudflare UI asks you to add a site to Cloudflare.
Add a domain to Cloudflare
1. Log in to your Cloudflare account.
2. Click on Add site from the top navigation bar.
3. Enter your website’s root domain and then click Add Site. For example, if your website is www.example.com, type example.com.
4. Cloudflare attempts to automatically identify your DNS records. This process takes approximately 60 seconds to complete.
5. Click Next.
7. Click Confirm in the Confirm Plan window that appears.
8. Review whether all DNS records were identified in the DNS query results window.
- Manually add missing DNS records
- Decide which subdomains enable Cloudflare security and performance features or bypass Cloudflare.security and performance features or bypass Cloudflare
9. Click Continue.
10. Copy the 2 Cloudflare nameservers displayed and click Continue.
11. To finish domain setup and activate your domain on Cloudflare, change your domain nameservers to Cloudflare.