Cloudflare account signup takes less than 5 minutes. Learn to successfully create an account and add your first website.
This article formerly appeared under the title Step 2: Create a Cloudflare account and add a website.
To experience the benefits of Cloudflare, first create a Cloudflare account and add a domain to Cloudflare. When you create a new Cloudflare account, adding an initial domain is included in the workflow.
Create a Cloudflare account
- Visit https://dash.cloudflare.com/sign-up.
- Enter your Email address and Password.
- Click Create Account.
- The Cloudflare UI asks you to add a site to Cloudflare.
Add a domain to Cloudflare
- Log in to your Cloudflare account.
- Click on Add site from the top navigation bar.
- Enter your website’s root domain and then click Add Site. For example, if your website is www.example.com, type example.com.
- Cloudflare attempts to automatically identify your DNS records. This process takes approximately 60 seconds to complete.
- Click Next.
- Select a plan level and click Confirm plan.
- Click Confirm in the Confirm Plan window that appears.
- Review whether all DNS records were identified in the DNS query results window.
- Click Continue.
- Copy the 2 Cloudflare nameservers displayed and Click Continue.
- To finish domain setup and activate your domain on Cloudflare, change your domain nameservers to Cloudflare.