The following steps will help you to activate Cloudflare for your Magento 2 store:
1. Login to your Cloudflare account
If you don’t yet have a Cloudflare account, you can sign up here.
2. Add your domain and follow the steps for full configuration by using your domain registrar interface and pointing your Name Servers to the Cloudflare Name Servers provided.
We recommend reading the following article that explains the Cloudflare set up process in detail:
Once the required DNS changes are implemented by your domain registrar, you can start with Cloudflare configuration for your Magento 2 store by performing these steps.
3. Download Cloudflare's extension for Magento 2 and follow the installation instructions: https://www.cloudflare.com/integrations/magento/
4. Within the plugin dashboard, click "Apply Default Settings" for optimal performance and security.
- What do the SSL options (Off, Flexible SSL, Full SSL, Full SSL Strict) mean?
- Getting Started with Cloudflare: Recommended First Steps for all CloudFlare users
- How do I exclude a specific URL from Cloudflare Page Rules
Potential login issues with Mobile Safari on iOS 8
If you receive reports of visitors unable to login when visiting from an iOS device running any version of iOS 8, please submit a support ticket requesting that cookie deduplication be applied to the affected domain.
Mobile Safari on iOS 8 incorrectly saves the cookies returned when SPDY is used for the application protocol and a response contains two cookies of the same name but different values. Some CMS, like Magento, send cookies in this manner. Ideally, this should be corrected in the client or on the server, but Cloudflare is in a unique position to correct this behavior as we exist between the two.