This article details how to migrate your zone between different Cloudflare accounts. To successfully migrate a zone between two accounts you will need:
- Access to the registrar for nameserver changes
- Access to both Cloudflare accounts
Please note that settings will not be migrated with the zone - the new zone is in a default state. SSL will reissue, DNS records need to be recreated/validated, Page Rules recreated, WAF settings, etc.
- User B creates a new Cloudflare account or logs into their existing Cloudflare account.
- User B adds myzone.com to their Cloudflare account.
- Before User B changes the NS records of myzone.com at the registrar, User B can change the zone's settings to match the settings User A had for myzone.com.
- Now with the right settings in place, User B can change myzone.com's NS.
- User A does not have to do anything to initiate the change.
- The zone's status on User A's account will change to 'Status: Moved Away'.
- The zone's status in User B's account will change to 'Status: Active'.
Important exception for European registrars
Customers with European registrars occasionally are unable to update their nameservers to point to Cloudflare. This issue occurs when the domain is already signed up and active on Cloudflare. Until your domain is active at Cloudflare, Cloudflare's nameservers respond with the previous Cloudflare nameservers for the domain.
In such cases it is not be possible to migrate Cloudflare without contacting Cloudflare support. Create a ticket to support from the **Old** zone asking the domain to be purged.