This article details how to migrate your zone between different Cloudflare accounts. To successfully migrate a zone between two accounts you will need:
- Access to the registrar for nameserver changes
- Access to both Cloudflare accounts
Please note that settings will not be migrated with the zone - the new zone is in a default state. SSL will reissue, DNS records need to be recreated/validated, Page Rules recreated, WAF settings, etc.
- User B creates a new Cloudflare account or logs into their existing Cloudflare account.
- User B adds myzone.com to their Cloudflare account.
- Before User B changes the NS records of myzone.com at the registrar, User B can change the zone's settings to match the settings User A had for myzone.com.
- Now with the right settings in place, User B can change myzone.com's NS.
- User A does not have to do anything to initiate the change.
- The zone's status on User A's account will change to 'Status: Moved Away'.
- The zone's status in User B's account will change to 'Status: Active'.