Why would I migrate from Google PageSpeed service to Cloudflare?
Read our post about Google’s deprecation announcement about the hosted PageSpeed Service.
Migrating enables you to continue to get page acceleration services from an alternate provider: Cloudflare.
How do I leave the hosted PageSpeed Service?
- Read this: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/service/MigrateAway
- Log into the Google APIs Console
- Change DNS / existing CNAME from pointing to Google to your origin (note: if you don’t, your website may stop working)
- Delete domain from PageSpeed Service
How do I set up Cloudflare?
- Read this: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/sections/200820158-CloudFlare-101
- Create account
- Change DNS per instructions
What is an important difference?
With the hosted PageSpeed Service, you pointed only CNAMEs. With Cloudflare, you change your DNS servers and get full-site acceleration, not just CNAMEs.
What if I am on self-installed PageSpeed?