Learn how to avoid blocking Facebook IPs via the Cloudflare Firewall app.
By default, Cloudflare does not block or challenge requests from Facebook. However, a post of a website to Facebook returns an Attention Required error under the following circumstances:
- the security level is set to I'm Under Attack either globally or via a Page rule, or
- there is a user-defined firewall challenge or block that includes a Facebook IP address.
To resolve issues sharing to Facebook, either
- remove the corresponding IP, ASN, or Country Firewall Rule or IP Access Rule that challenges or blocks Facebook IPs, or
- allow AS32934 and AS63293 in your IP Access Rules, to override challenges, blocks, and Under Attack challenges.
If you experienced issues with Facebook sharing, you need to rescrape pages via the Fetch New Scrape Information option on Facebook's Object Debugger.
If you still have issues, contact Cloudflare Support with the following details:
- the URLs of your website that cannot share to Facebook
- the output from Facebook's debug tool
- confirmation you have rescraped the URLs