Cloudflare is a founding member of the Bandwidth Alliance. The Bandwidth Alliance is a group of forward-thinking cloud and networking companies that are committed to discounting or waiving bandwidth/data transfer fees for mutual customers. This benefits all Cloudflare customers at no additional cost.
If you're a Cloudflare customer that is hosted with one of the cloud providers that's part of the Bandwidth Alliance, the discounted rate will be applied to data transferred between your host and Cloudflare's data centers. The discounted rate will be applied when the required technical and billing systems integration is ready. Some of those providers already have this enabled. Some are planning to go live over the next months.
State of data transfer discount by Bandwidth Alliance partner
- Automattic: Automattic does not charge its customers for bandwidth and supports the Bandwidth Alliance.
- Backblaze: Backblaze offers free data transfer from its infrastructure to Cloudflare's data centers for all mutual customers.
- Dataspace: Dataspace guarantees all shared customers free data transmission.
- DNSnetworks: Customers using DNSNetworks and Cloudflare are not charged any data transfer fees.
- DreamHost: DreamHost will continue to offer free data transfer pricing to all managed hosting customers.
- Google Cloud: Cloudflare is part of Google Cloud CDN Interconnect Program. Click here for more.
- Host1plus: Host1Plus and Cloudflare customers with no additional fees.
- Packet: Packet offers free data transfer from its infrastructure to Cloudflare's data centers for all mutual customers.
- Scaleway: Scaleway provides unmetered bandwidth.
- Vapor: Vapor offers free data transfer to all mutual customers.
- Wasabi: Wasabi offers free data transfer to all shared customers.
- DigitalOcean: Program to waive bandwidth fees for mutual customers over the subsequent months.
- IBM Cloud: When completed, IBM will announce the general availability of waived data transfer fees between IBM's infrastructure and Cloudflare's data centers for IBM Cloud Internet Services' Enterprise Plan customers.
- Linode: In the coming months, Linode will provide free data transfer for data transferred between its infrastructure and Cloudflare's data centers for all mutual customers.
- Microsoft Azure: Microsoft Azure is working on its own CDN interconnect program with discounted fees for mutual customer when it's live.
- Vultr: All bandwidth between Vultr and Cloudflare will be free of charge in the upcoming months.