Get help with common issues related to Cloudflare’s Registrar service.
Frequently asked questions about Cloudflare Registrar
- How to receive support for Cloudflare Registrar?
- What is Cloudflare’s expired domains policy?
- What are Cloudflare’s Registrant Rights and Responsibilities?
- Will Cloudflare provide Whois Privacy?
- How does Cloudflare approach registry promotions?
- Will I lose registration time already purchased when transferring to Cloudflare?
- Where can I find additional Cloudflare Registrar documentation?
- How fast does a domain transfer to Cloudflare?
How to receive support for Cloudflare Registrar?
Refer to our Cloudflare Registrar support article.
What is Cloudflare’s expired domains policy?
Your domain registration will be canceled if it's not renewed before the registration period.
Expired registrations have a Redemption Grace Period (RGP) of 30 days. During this time, Cloudflare will block attempted transfers of your expired domain. Cloudflare does not charge additional fees for domains recovered during the RGP.
What are Cloudflare’s Registrant Rights and Responsibilities?
Cloudflare Registrar abides by the ICANN Registrant Rights and Responsibilities, found on the ICANN website here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/responsibilities-2014-03-14-en
Will Cloudflare provide Whois Privacy?
Cloudflare Registrar offers free personal data redaction on WHOIS that meets current ICANN guidelines.
How does Cloudflare approach registry promotions?
If a registry provides a promotional price for a TLD, Cloudflare will provide customers that price.
Will I lose registration time already purchased when transferring to Cloudflare?
ICANN requires a domain transfer to extend the expiration date by at least one year. For example, a domain that expires March 10, 2019 but transferred on October 10, 2018 would have a new expiration of March 10, 2020.
Where can I find additional Cloudflare Registrar documentation?
Additional documentation for Cloudflare registrar is located at https://developers.cloudflare.com/registrar/about/
How fast does a domain transfer to Cloudflare?
The timing of the transfer depends on your current domain provider:
- It can take two days to receive a verification code.
- It can take up to five days for the domain to be acknowledged and released.
- Additional confirmation emails may be required.
Overall, domains can be transferred to Cloudflare between one or fifteen days depending on your current domain provider.