Learn how to upgrade or downgrade your plan type for your active Cloudflare domains.
Before getting started
Before changing your Cloudflare plan type, consider the following:
- If you decide to downgrade or remove a domain, Cloudflare does not issue refunds. Refer to our billing policy for more information.
- When downgrading, remove unnecessary page rules as different plan levels allow different amounts of Page Rules.
- Upgrades and downgrades provision a new Universal SSL certificate appropriate to the new plan type. This may cause a 24 hour lag in SSL encryption for your website. Use a Dedicated SSL or Custom SSL certificate to prevent potential disruption.
Upgrade or downgrade Cloudflare plan
To downgrade or upgrade the Cloudflare plan for a domain:
1. Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard.
2. Click the appropriate Cloudflare account for the domain.
3. Ensure the proper domain is selected.
4, Click the Overview app.
5. Click Change under Plan Extensions.
6. Choose the appropriate plan type, then click Continue.
- If downgrading, you may be asked to share feedback with us. Choose all that apply.
7. Click Confirm.