Learn how to create connect Cloudflare to PagerDuty to send notifications to your PagerDuty services
- Requirements to Use PagerDuty with Cloudflare Notifications
- How Notifications are Routed to PagerDuty
- Connecting PagerDuty to a Cloudflare Account
- Using PagerDuty to Receive Notifications
- Disconnecting PagerDuty from a Cloudflare Account
Cloudflare’s Notification service supports routing notifications to connected services like PagerDuty. By sending notifications to PagerDuty you can leverage the same service definitions and escalation paths that you would for other 3rd party services that you connect to PagerDuty.
Requirements to Use PagerDuty with Cloudflare Notifications
To use PagerDuty as a connected service, you first need a PagerDuty account by signing up at https://www.pagerduty.com/sign-up/.
You can only connect PagerDuty to Cloudflare accounts that have at least one (1) Business or Enterprise zone.
How Notifications are Routed to PagerDuty
When a notification triggers and is configured to route to PagerDuty, Cloudflare will send the notification to PagerDuty on your behalf. The PagerDuty services set for the notification will all receive the notification. PagerDuty will follow the service’s configuration to handle the notification appropriately. Actions like de-duping and rate limiting are handled on a per notification type basis.
Connecting PagerDuty to a Cloudflare Account
To begin setting up Cloudflare to route notifications to PagerDuty:
- Go to the Notifications tab of the Account section of the Cloudflare Dashboard or click here.
- Select ‘Connect’ to proceed to setup a connected service.
- On the Connect PagerDuty screen select ‘Connect’, which will send you to PagerDuty’s website to connect PagerDuty to your Cloudflare account.
- Login to PagerDuty or signup for an account.
- Authorize which services Cloudflare will be able to send notifications to.
- Once the authorization is complete, you will be routed back to Cloudflare and see a confirmation screen.
Using PagerDuty to Receive Notifications
When creating or editing a notification, if PagerDuty has been connected then you can pick one or multiple of the connected PagerDuty services to route the notifications to.
Disconnecting PagerDuty from a Cloudflare Account
Removing PagerDuty from Cloudflare is as simple as disconnecting the PagerDuty connected service. To do so, select ‘Manage’ from the Connected Services Card on the Notifications tab of your Account. Then select ‘Disconnect PagerDuty’ and confirm the action.
Be aware that disconnecting PagerDuty will disable notifications being sent to PagerDuty where currently configured. If other delivery destinations (like email) were selected, then those notifications will still be routed as configured. if PagerDuty was the only configured destination, disconnecting PagerDuty may result in a notification with no destination.