Learn what you should set up to complete your billing profile
After starting a new Cloudflare account, you might want to set up your billing information and preferences.
Add or update payment methods
A primary payment method is required to process payment for Cloudflare products and services.
To add or update your primary payment method,
1. Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard.
2. Click Billing.
3. Click Payment info.
4. If there is no payment method on file, the Payment method dialog opens automatically. Otherwise, click Manage next to your current payment method and the Payment method dialog opens.
5. Enter the required information based on the payment options below.
- If paying by credit card:
- Enter all the information required under the Credit Card Details form.
- To add your business' information to your invoice, include your Company and VAT/GST Number, if applicable.
- If paying by PayPal (will charge your credit card if you do not have enough funds in your PayPal account):
- Click the PayPal logo on the upper right.
- Follow the online instructions until PayPal returns you to the Cloudflare Payment method dialog where you can continue with your set-up.
- Verify that your PayPal username now appears next to the PayPal logo.
- Add your account contact information as well as Company and VAT/GST Number, if applicable.
6. Review the payment method and contact information to ensure it's accurate.
7. To finish, click Confirm.
Ensure your new payment method now appears in the Payment Method screen.
Add a backup payment method
A backup payment method is used if the primary payment method fails. To add a backup payment method,
1. Follow steps 1-3 above.
2. Click Manage to add an additional payment method.
3. In the Backup card, click Add to enter a backup payment method.
4. Enter the required information based on your preferred payment method (credit card or PayPal), then click Confirm.
5. If you would like to make the backup payment method the primary method, click Make primary payment method in the Backup card.
6. Click Back to return to the Payment methods screen.
Receive billing notifications
If you have a usage-based product like Rate Limiting or Load Balancing, set up Billing notifications to monitor usage and avoid surprises on your bill.
To set up billable usage notifications:
- Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard and select your account.
- Go to Notifications.
- Click Add.
- On the Billing notification, click Select.
- Enter a name and description.
- Select a Product. This value affects the usage threshold specified in the next step.
- Enter a usage threshold.
- Add a Notification email.
- Click Create.
To disable, edit, or delete this notification, return to Notifications and find your notification.
Enable email invoices from Cloudflare
To receive invoices via email — which are sent when you add or remove subscriptions from your account — you can opt-in within the Billing section of the Cloudflare dashboard. Once enabled, you will receive an invoice via email:
- within one (1) business day of initial setup,
- every month at the end of your billing period, and
- within one (1) business day for all new purchases.
To enable Cloudflare invoice emails,
- Log in to your Cloudflare account.
- Click Billing.
- On the left navigation, click Invoices.
- In the Billing email preferences card, toggle the notification switch to On. You will receive an invoice via billing email address on file within one (1) business day.